Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mugaholic.

Hello, my name is Polly and I'm a Mugaholic.

I finally admitted this to my friend Marc earlier this year, and if you're going to be addicted to something, mugs aren't such a bad way to go. They are useful in so many different ways - in addition to using them for beverages, both hot *and* cold, you can also use them for:

- small items such as paper clips, safety pins, rubber bands
- housing a small plant
- throwing change into (for eventually treats or for laundry)
- utensils
- cleaning scrubs and/or brushes
- pens, pencils, markers

And much, much more!

Up until last week I had most of my mugs on a two-tier lazy susan on the kitchen counter, but I now own quite a few more so I went back to Kitchen Stuff Plus and bought two "non-skid cabinet organizers" and have 3 levels of mugs on the other side of the counter now. It looks neat having a wall of mugs but it will force us to do the dishes right away due to the lack of space in front now. That shouldn't be such a bad thing, but sometimes you just like to plonk them down and walk away for a day. Or two.

I hope Chris brings back a mug for me on his trip. I have room for at least 3 more mugs and then it's full. Again. :P

Now I just have to tidy up the microwave stand.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a mugaholic too Polly, I like to have many different mugs to choose from and they are so very useful indeed. I like to have soup in mine, or oatmeal... and every time I hit the Value Village or other second hand store I always take a look to see if they have any neat ones. Now that we're in this new house, maybe I will have more room to collect more mugs... yay!

    Glad to see you're writing again!

    xo

    krysten

    ReplyDelete