Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Oh, come on!

When I was a kid, I was severely accident-prone. And I don't use the word "severely" lightly. Somehow I managed to never break any bones, but I sprained pretty much every part of my body. More than once.

When I got to my 30s, I started not REliving, but truly *living* the childhood I never really had. Even though there were a lot of ups and downs, I was finally doing things that I loved just for me and had a blast while I was doing so.

Never in my wildest dreams did I expect my accident-proneness to come back, but come back it did. With a vengeance.

Since the start of this year, I've had my left ankle and my right wrist in tensor bandages, bashed my head numerous times, hit my funny bone far too many (and UNfunny) times. And last night, I did yet another tumble down the last steps of a set of stairs and sprained not my usual (bad) left ankle, but my right one.

I wonder if I'll grow out of this second childhood and stop getting hurt, but would that mean I'd stop having as much fun? Is it worth the risk?

Which would you choose? Being horribly accident-prone but having fun, or being more safe and not having as good of a time as you could have?



2 comments:

  1. Can you wear a helmet/elbow pads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAAHA It really seems more and more like I need to bring in my old PFL equipment, eh? :)

      Delete