Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Day 21: One Sentence Saturday - I Love This Quote!

An easy one today as I knew immediately what my favourite quote was:




I heard this while I was nearing the end of my marriage and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I understood it and felt it with every fibre in my being. I thought of this quote a lot when I made the decision to walk out after a decade of being in an unhealthy relationship.

It's also a quote I pass along to other people to help them get through difficult times. Beautiful and powerful at the same time.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. That Anais Nin quote is quite powerful and what a lovely touchstone to have as you moved through a difficult time, and beyond as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking risks is important. So many don't recognize that by doing nothing and refusing to take chances, they lose any hope of progressing and improving themselves. Yes, risk is 'risky,' but the consequences of not taking chances -- ooh. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful quote Polly, and I'm glad it came to you at a very important time - and that you can pass it on to. That's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete