Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 22: Wee Me

Trying to play catch up with the Blog-a-thon now that the power is back on! Luckily these next two posts are easy ones - my Day 24 post is a looooooong one that I haven't finished writing yet. Far too many details to fill you all in on!  :)

These 2 photos I've got side by side are ones I really like of me. The first one is from 1975 and there's an Elvis special on the tv. Looks like I'm enjoying it, but my mom was always the Elvis fan of the family - I'm a true-blue Johnny Cash fan myself! The second one is the year before ('73) and it's me looking all cool and hip on the Toronto Island ferry. If you look carefully, you'll see that that's the CN Tower being built right behind me. Growing up, I lived on the 9th floor of a highrise that looked south from Davisville, right over Mount Pleasant Cemetery, and all the way down to parts of Lake Ontario. The skyline was incredible as a child. I feel so lucky to have had that view before we became Condo City of the World.




And this is a picture of me from 1974 and it captures the wonderful, mischievous little girl who still exists.  


I think I need to make it my mission to find a red and white checkered dress this year and matching red shoes with white laces, so I can recreate this photo 30 years after the fact! Challenge accepted!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment