Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Day Nine: Favourite Movies


Whoops! Looks like I inadvertently listed my favourites early as part of Day Five's prompt.

Guess I'll have to come up with some different titles, so here are other comfort films of mine (in alphabetical order) that practically live in my BluRay player:

As Good As It Gets (James L. Brooks - 1997)
The Apartment (Billy Wilder - 1960)
The Aviator (Martin Scorsese - 2004)
Defending Your Life (Albert Brooks - 1991)
Galaxy Quest (Dean Parisot - 1999)
Hot Tub Time Machine (Steve Pink - 2010)
The Impostors (Stanley Tucci - 1998)
Jurassic Park (Steven Spielberg - 1993)
Lake Placid (Steve Miner - 1999)
Little Miss Sunshine (Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris - 2006)
Oceans Twelve (Steven Soderbergh - 2004)
Office Space (Mike Judge - 1999)
The Shawshank Redemtion (Frank Darabont - 1994)
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (Trey Parker - 1999)
Star Trek (JJ Abrams - 2009)
The Time Machine (George Pal - 1960)
Wet Hot American Summer (David Wain - 2001)
plus
The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi,
the Christopher Guest trilogy (Waiting for Guffman, Best in Show, A Mighty Wind),
and The Lord of the Rings trilogy (extended versions, of course!)

Wow - looking at this list, there are a LOT of comedies! Pretty neat when you look at it all at once!

8 comments:

  1. Some great classics in there oh and I HEART Galaxy Quest too! I know, when I looked at my list they're all romance, LOL. I am such a sap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawshank Redemtion - YES very good movie ! And As Good As It Gets - love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comedies are the best. Usually, when I'm watching a movie it's because I need a good laugh. I haven't seen all of the movies listed here, but the ones that I have seen are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see quite a lot of my own faves in your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good comedy, especially when friends are visiting during the Christmas holidays. There are a few on your list I haven't watched, thank you for growing my list :) It's snowing, a great time for a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These lists are fun - I'm remembering all sorts of films I've forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm rattling off a list of movies to my Notes on iPhone as I go through everyone's lists and see movies I loved and forgot about and want to watch again. I saw Hot Tub Time Machine recently and was surprised about how much I laughed. And I loved Little Miss Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a feeling there would be a lot of comedy on your comfort films list. Now... does Lake Placid fall in comedy too? It's been a while since I've seen it ;) I also need to see the 1960 The Time Machine methinks, yep, I'm needing to see that. Awesome list (and reframing) Polly!

    ReplyDelete