Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day Three: Sharing Colours

Lots of questions for me to answer today. I answered them as best I could, and usually with whatever popped into my mind first. Always go with your gut instinct!  :)

RED

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of red?
      Hearts!

2. Closest red thing to you?
      The hearts on my onesie!

3. What is the last thing that made you angry?
      I honestly can't think of what that would be. I get upset, but I haven't been livid at anyone or anything lately.    

4. Are you a fan of romance?
      Yes! And as a funny side note, Chris and I started what we hope will become a new bimonthly event: The Romance Read-Off! While waiting for people at our favourite pub for Chris' birthday shenanigans in June we found 2 Harlequin romance novels on the shelf and started reading from them. As our friends slowly showed up, everyone took turns reading and making the rest of us laugh. By the end of the night, it turned into a competition on who did the best reading. A couple of weeks ago we held our first official Read-Off (prizes and all!) and it went smashingly! We'll be doing it again in the new year for sure!

5. Do you have a temper?
      Don't ever cross me or you'll find out the hard way.

GREEN

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of green?
       Kermit the Frog!

2. Closest green thing to you?
      The cover of the book I talked about yesterday.

3. What's your favourite green environment?
      Walking through any park or across the Toronto island.

4. Are you jealous of anyone right now?
      Not now, but I get jealous of people in specific situations. It's something I'm always trying to work on, but being such an emotional person, it can be difficult to keep my feelings in check.

5. Are you a lucky person?
      I've been through a lot in my life and I honestly don't know if I have made it through traumatic times as a result of luck or fate. I think your life turns out the way it does by the choices you make, but I'd have to say this: I don't wish what happened in my past on even my worst enemy, but I wouldn't appreciate anything today if I hadn't gone through what I did. I guess I could say that I feel lucky I lived through it all because I'm able to help others, and that is the greatest gift to be thankful for.

PURPLE

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of purple?
      Sadly, it's Barney the Dinosaur. Watching the video of Barney deflating at the Macy's parade last week was quite satisfying.

2.  Closest purple thing to you?
      One of the pillows on the papasan chair beside me.

3. Do you like being treated like royalty?
      My goodness, yes. But I wouldn't want it all the time, as I'd become far too cocky.

4. Do you like mysterious things?
      I like learning about how a mystery of an ancient culture was solved. The mystery of why my ticketing system at work chooses to not function properly from time to time .... well, I could do without that, thank you!

5. Are you intuitive?
      I knew you were going to ask that!

BLUE

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of blue?
      My bedroom growing up. It was blue everything in there!

2. Closest blue thing to you?
      The Dancap pens on the desk in front of me that I got from my former job up at Toronto Centre for the Arts.

3. Are you good at calming people down?
      I can be, but I don't succeed as well at calming *myself* down.

4. What's your favourite body of water (ie - lake, ocean, etc)?
      I'd have to say Lake Ontario.
     
5. What was the last thing that made you cry?
      This is a pretty funny question to me because it should really say: "What DOESN'T make you cry?" I cry at the drop of a hat, so I'm emotional every day. The last thing that made me cry was an episode of Star Trek: TNG that we watched last night - it was about Spock's father and how we learned that he was suffering from the Vulcan version of Alzheimer's. The writing and acting were superb, and the subject matter handled with delicacy. A very poignant episode.

6. Are you a logical thinker?
      After mentioning Vulcans in the answer above, this was the only logical follow-up question! I tend to focus on the big picture when it comes to figuring out problems and issues, but my emotions frequently pop up and make it difficult to arrive at a definite conclusion.

YELLOW

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of yellow?
      The sun or a smiley face.

2. Closest yellow thing to you?
      My dvd copy of "Little Miss Sunshine".

3. What was one of the happiest times of your life?
      The first thing that pops into my mind is from 1985. I was 14 years old and a huge baseball fan. It was the last weekend of the season and the Blue Jays were playing the New York Yankees for those games. Whoever won that weekend would win the American League East pennant and then go on to the semi-finals before the World Series. I remember watching from the bleachers and the entire Exhibition Stadium was on their feet from the 6th inning, counting down the outs til the end of the game. When it got down to only 1 out away, the energy was insane! The batter hit the ball and you knew it was turning into a pop-up, so victory was now mere seconds away. Being right behind George Bell in left field and watching him fall to his knees as he caught the ball was one of the most exciting moments I've ever been a part of. I'm all tingly writing this, as I can remember it all like it was yesterday. Sharing that much joy with tens of thousands of people is one of the best memories I hold dear to my heart.

4. What's your favourite holiday?
      I honestly can't say that I have a favourite holiday, but I enjoy getting away ON a holiday to New York every March.    

5. What makes you happy?
      Spending time talking the hours away with very dear friends. Watching "The West Wing" would be a close second.  :P

PINK

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of pink?
      Pink the singer.

2. Closest pink thing to you?
      My Betty Boop travel tumbler.

3. What sweet things do you like?
      Does tiramisu count?

4. Are you sensitive?
      To say that I am sensitive is the understatement of the year!

5. What is your favourite flower?
      The daisy. Simple and beautiful, and very underrated.

6. Do you have a crush on someone?
      Meg White of The White Stripes.

ORANGE

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of orange?
      The first dress I wore when I was back in the Pillow Fight League. It became my signature outfit with my black apron that had Polly Esther cross-stitched into it.

2. Closest orange thing to you?
      The cup that I'm drinking my morning smoothie from.

3. Do you dress up for Halloween?
      I don't like to dress up, but for work I usually do my face up like Paul Stanley's Starchild from KISS! And any chance I have to crimp my hair is a total WIN day for me.

4. What gives you the warm fuzzies?
      Hugs! Also sitting in my papasan chair in my pjs under a blanket watching a comfort film.

5. What would your superpower be?
      When I hugged people, it would make all of their suffering and worries disappear forever.

BROWN

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of brown?
      Poo. Yes, I went there.

2. Closest brown thing to you?
      The frames of the papasan chairs.

3. What is your favourite type of chocolate?
      I used to love eating Mirage chocolate bars.

4. What makes you feel grounded?
      When I feel in control of a chaotic situation.

5. Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel?
      I like the look of it stained - would that fall in the middle of these two?

WHITE 

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of white?
      A blank sheet of paper taunting me as I sit with no words coming out of me!

2. Closest white thing to you?
      My Neil Diamond tour mug.

3. Do you always try to keep the peace?
      If it doesn't involve my family, then the answer is yes.

4. Do you like to play in the snow?
      No - I'm an indoor gal.

5. Are you afraid to go to the doctor or dentist?
      Not anymore! YAY!

BLACK

1. What's the first thing you think of when you think of black?
      Cocktail dresses.

2. Closest black thing to you?
      My onesie (without the hearts, of course).

3. Are you sophisticated or silly?
      Silly with a capital S!

4. Do you have a lot of secrets?
      Not as many as I used to have back in the day. I'm very open about things now.

5. What's the new black?
      BLACK!


11 comments:

  1. I burst out laughing about Barney...my younger son was the right age when he first came on the scene and that show and that dinosaur drove me nuts...when you said the balloon burst at the Macy's parade, that made me laugh even more! I remember that baseball series you mentioned and there is nothing so beautiful as the Toronto Islands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it over to the islands in a few years, so I'll have to correct that as soon as Spring comes next year! :)

      Delete
  2. The Read-Offs sound delightfully hilarious. And a hugging superpower is squeezy good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a great time with the Read-Off! I'm hoping to do it again before February. :)

      Delete
  3. Those Romance Read-Offs sound like so much fun! Lake Ontario is my favorite body of water too! *waves at you from the other side of it*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! Someone else who can appreciate being treated like royalty! It was a joy to read through your list. Some of your answers had me laughing out loud! Nice to meet a fellow oversensitive soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Serena! Oversensitive soulmates! :)

      Delete
  5. Interesting project. I chuckled re your hugs - the other day you gave me a big bear one and it felt so good! You seem to have a lots of onesies - another collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have one onesie but wear it a LOT!! HAHAHA :)

      Delete
  6. Well, hi from the other side of Lake Ontario! I live near Rochester.

    I agree with your feelings about Barney. As a paleontologist, Barney is my nemesis.

    Looking forward to reading more as the month goes on!

    ReplyDelete