Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Day Two: Time Capsule

Today's instructions for the Blog-a-thon is to answer the following questions. Here goes!

1. What are you reading?

"Work as a Spiritual Practice" by Lewis Richmond
 
My dear friend Zoe gave this to me about 6 months before she passed away. With work becoming increasingly busy with more and more events at the theatre, I find that it's starting to overwhelm me at times. I started reading this book after she gave it to me and loved it, and rereading it now is helping more than I could have imagined.



2. What are you watching?

I'm an original Star Trek series gal and had never seen any of The Next Generation series. Chris and I have started watching it and I'm typing this after watching the episode titled "Tin Man" from Season 3 (episode 20). I have to say that I'm loving the series and this last episode just became my new favourite!


3. What are you listening to?

My favourite thing to listen to on my MP3 player these days is the latest Polyphonic Spree album "Yes It's True". Best song is the first track - "You Don't Know Me."




4. What are you loving?

My fella! I truly lucked out when I found Chris.  xoxo


5. What are you wearing?

My onesie!! It's black with red hearts all over it and I bought it at Fan Expo this year. No bum flap, though. Don't they make onesies with bumflaps anymore???


6. What are you creating?

In addition to our regular Secret Santa at work for the holidays, we're making mix tapes for each other. It's such a great idea and the one that I'm making has songs that have been inspiring or influential, marking important moments in time throughout my life. It's been quite fascinating looking back on my life and seeing what music helped me get through difficult times. Music truly does heal the soul.


7. What are you looking forward to?

Finishing the mix tape! It may sound weird, but the journey has been wonderful and a bit freeing. It also looks like it's turning into a bit of an anthology. I think a future blog post will be what songs I put on and why. I'd love to let all of you know about it, and maybe it could inspire you all to do your own!

9 comments:

  1. Onesies!!! OMG that sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making mix tapes for each other! I'll have to share that idea with my music loving friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post and *Work as a Spiritual Practice* looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a book I need to read.... Adding it to my Half.com wishlist now :)
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of creating mix tapes! I may just put one together for the road trip that my mom and I are getting ready to take right before Christmas. We used to make mix tapes (and then CDs) all the time. Haven't done it in forever, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mix tapes? Wow, I miss making them and receiving them. Now the wheels are turning...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I share your onesie love! (I call them footie pajamas!) My mom got them for me, and I swear to goodness I want a million of them! I would shamelessly wear them in public...they are so comfy I wouldn't even mind the weird looks... I'm with you though, they do need a bum flap for convenience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw some onesies in a catalog and would love to get a pair for Christmas! A mix tape ~ what a perfect and personal gift! Love your time capsule!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was all nodding along with Star Trek and then I literally did a cartoon double-take HUH? when you said you hadn't seen any TNG! hehe. Well, the beauty of that is now you get to enjoy them - and I hope you do.

    And I'm so smiling at the onesie! Have fun with your mixed tape. What a delicious idea!

    ReplyDelete