Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

31 Days of organizing is ... postponed. :)


I had a horrible feeling that by being behind right from the get-go, I wouldn't be able to keep up with Peter Walsh's 31 Days of Organizing, and I was right. It's such a great idea, but working full days non-stop from the 31st to the 2nd kept me busy enough, so when I had my first day off on the 3rd, the last thing I wanted to do was tidy up.

That's not to say I won't get back at it. There are a lot of areas in our place that are in dire need of organizing, but there's a lot more to tackle on top of that. I have made the decision then to move this 31 Days of cleaning project from January to July. That's the next month that has 31 days in it where I have the time to focus on the task. March doesn't work as I'm going for my annual trip to New York for the crossword tournament, and May also doesn't work as it's festival time at my theatre! The 2014 Hot Docs Film Festival goes from April 24th to May 4th, so I will be exhausted as all get out come May 5th.

And I actually like the thought of starting this in the middle of the year. Nobody does Summer cleaning (like Spring and Winter cleaning) so it's a fresh time to take care of making things neat in here. The air conditioning will be a blessing too. Sometimes on my day off in a heat wave I won't even leave the apartment. Since I'll know what each day's task is from looking at all of January, I could even take care of a few on one day (if possible).

If you're interested in seeing what the daily cleaning tasks are now, you can find it all on Peter's Facebook page and follow along. I hope some of you will join me in the Summer cleaning though, so let me know if you'd like to be on board for that! Or if you've started now! Let's help each other out!  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment