Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Day 30 & 31: Congratulations! You Kicked it Old Skool!


We've reached the end of the Blog-a-Thon! I'm equally happy and sad that it has come to an end. I'm amazed at how much I wrote this past month, but since I've gotten into a nice rhythm, I feel that I can keep writing here on the blog on a regular basis.

I decided to combine Days 30 and 31 for this post because I honestly didn't have an answer for Day 30, but can talk about it in the summary for Day 31. I love it when things work out like that.  :)

Day 30 asked us to share our favourite recipes.
Day 31 congratulated all of us for finishing the month of writing, and wondering what we'd like to celebrate about it.

Well .... I don't cook or bake, so there's your first post right there. Ba-DUM-cha!
Looking back on what I shared for an entire month, I'm surprised (enthusiastically, at that!) at what poured out of me. I feel like celebrating that fact alone. It made me realize that there is a way to get out of my head, and I'm able to express myself in way I never could have dreamed of before this year. Another surprise I had was being able to type all these posts non-stop on the keyboard. I've always written long-hand, so finally reaching a point where I can zoom through an article in front of the computer was quite a revelation. It all came down to this statement:

It doesn't matter how I write the words down, but that I get them out in the first place.

It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, and I can't see it becoming the Phrase of the Year, but it's something that popped into my head tonight as I typed this up. And most importantly, it makes me feel great. I'm writing, and that's the greatest gift I could ever give to myself.

I hope you have all enjoyed reading everything I've posted this past month, and hope that you continue to check in every once in a while to see what else I've been up to. The comments you all left - both here and on Facebook - really touched me.

May this year bring you more creative inspiration, happiness and laughter! Hugs to you all!  xo



1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed very much your posts all month. Sad it had to end too. I will definitely follow your blog! Have a wonderful 2014.

    ReplyDelete