Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Favourite Films of 2013

I wasn't sure if I'd end up doing a list this year, but caved when it hit me that I wouldn't have a list. I also always name it Favourite Films, and not Best Films. These were the films that I loved this year. They made me smile, think, cry, laugh, and find inspiration. I didn't get out to a lot of major films, so this will be a list that's very different from everyone's Top 10s. Lots of docs, of course - 12 of them out of 20! Found that I couldn't surmise how I felt about each one, so there's no snippet of info on why I chose these. Feel free to leave a comment and I'll gladly talk about it, though! Hope you enjoy it!  :)


My Favourite Films of 2013

 1. Which Way is the Front Line From Here? The Life and Time of Tim Hetherington
 2. I Am Divine
 3. Shepard and Dark
 4. Before Midnight
 5. Museum Hours
 6. After Tiller
 7. Twenty Feet From Stardom
 8. Much Ado About Nothing
 9. The Last Stand
10. The Dog

11. Spring and Arnaud
12. White House Down
13. Of Two Minds
14. Deceptive Practice: The Mysteries and Mentors of Ricky Jay
15. Maidentrip
16. Beware of Mr. Baker
17. Kon-Tiki
18. Bad Words
19. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
20. Evocateur: The Morton Downey Jr. Movie

Honourable Mentions (alphabetically)

Casting By
Star Trek Into Darkness
The Unknown Known
The Waiting Room
The Way, Way Back

Best non-theatrical release 

Behind the Candelabra





1 comment:

  1. "Shepard & Dark"? That one was way too depressing for me. But I'm with you on "After Tiller". That was amazing and gave one a lot to think on.

    ReplyDelete